joi, 6 mai 2010

Fuad Musayev


Fuad Musayev at the ASEM
(The translation in English of the article is especially for Mr.Fuad Musayev)

The chief of the Marketing Department of Moldcell arrived yesterday 05.05.2010 to the Economics Academy of Moldova with a presentation regarding the company re-branding. I want to thank Mr. Musayev for the entire cycle of presentation organized by Moldcell for students of ASEM. Yesterday I finally had the time to participate to the last presentation that was held by Fuad Musayev itself. The presentation was structured on three leves:
  1. A foray in the notion of a brand, its value, and the attributes that customers assign to a brand
  2. The Moldcell brand and the retrospective of the events from the 28th of april
  3. The section of questions and answers
The presentation wasn’t quite like I expected. The information presented in the 1st part of the presentation where not new neither for me nor for my students, but a refresh doesn’t hurt.
The disappointment stuck with me for the second part of the presentation as well. I was expecting to hear tough arguments and marketing researches that would justify the path that the company walked towards its re-branding. What I heard was an explanation of the new color and company logo and the retrospective of the events from the 28th of April 2010, plus some short movies from that day (I can’t skip the remark about the technical quality of the movies, that made the visualization pretty tough). What regards the questions and answers section, Mr. Musayev was very evasive, he kept with conviction the “corporation secrets” and didn’t reveal more that one could find in media. Over the entire presentation you could feel the smell of narcissism. I had a feeling that all Moldcell employees are in love with them selves, what is not necessarily a bad thing, but can affect a sober analysis of the real situation. In this order of ideas within the presentation was mentioned that Moldcell organized the biggest and the most beautiful show in the history of Moldova, that after the events from the 28th the website rating of Moldcell rose to defeat its main concurrent web site, that media spoke about Moldcell more about any event that day, that at the organized concert participated a record number of people of 120 000. Beautiful reports but I am afraid that this are short term victories or even piric ones.
            I addressed three questions, to mister Fuad and I have a feeling that I kind ‘a made him upset, although he was calm and friendly even when answering. I have to remark that Mr. Fuad has very good presentation skills and I consider him an exceptional orator that knows how to manage an unpleasant situation in audience, I congratulate him for that. That answers to my questions were as evasive as it could possible be but I guess, it couldn’t be otherwise if we take in account that the questions were inconvenient.
   So I Asked why did they spent so much money for an event that is a one time event and was attended only by 3,5% of the country’s population, instead they could invest more money on improving their offers and make them more competitive than the concurrence’s. Mr. Fuad answerd that lifting took place, that new services and products are on market already. Another question suggested that the re-branding commercial and the entire campaign the Ambassadors of Moldcell  are boring, are very little appealing and very difficult to decrypt by the audience. Here Mr. Musayev that he likes Moldcell commercials and that he considers them successful. After the question session I was rewarded for inconvenience with a purse with two backpacks, a t-shirt, a cap, and two pens all with the company logo. I have to mention that I enjoyed the gift, and I enjoyed Mr. Fuad, the rest could be better.

Fuad Musayev is a styled, tall man, with a strong personality, intelligent and mannered. He is feeling himself very good in public and behaves himself adequate, his handshake is firm. I congratulate Moldcell for the fact that they have such an employee.


3 comentarii:

fa si tu publica opinia ta